WHAT DO I WEAR?
CLOTHING TIPS FOR YOUR BUSINESS PORTRAIT SESSION
Helpful clothing tips for all:
- Wear clothes that are comfortable, that make you feel confident and look your best.
- Make sure your clothing fits you well. Clothing that is too big or too tight will be obvious in the photos.
- Simple and classic clothing styles are recommended.
- Clothes should be clean, neatly pressed and should look new or like new.
- Solid colors always work well. Avoid busy patterns—stripes, plaids, and floral patterns.
- Do not try a new hairstyle before your session. Hair highlights, color and or cuts should be done two weeks before your session. You may want to let it grow-in a bit or get used to styling a new cut first.
- Do not try/use any new product on your hair, face or body the day before or a few days before your shoot, just in case you have a bad reaction to the product.
- Tans and sunburns will show in photographs. If you are planning to be outdoors before your session, keep this in mind when initially scheduling your session. Advance retouching is available for an additional fee.
What to bring – Men and Women:
- Various changes of clothing as needed. The basic package includes (1) outfit. Some people decide to upgrade and be photographed in two different outfits.
- Good attitude.
- Hair brush/comb and spray.
- Makeup and lipstick for touch ups.
- Lip balm for men and women.
What to wear – Women:
- Clothing Tips: Try your outfits on at home first and select a variety to bring with you. You can schedule an in-studio clothing consult with the photographer on a day before your session if you need advice. Select and wear clothes that you are comfortable wearing and that fit you well.
- Avoid big prints and busy patterns.
- A white or cream colored blouse by themselves is not recommended.
- Sleeveless blouses or tops by themselves are not recommended.
- For a no-jacket casual look, bring various colored blouses – ideally darker than your skin tone.
- Wear colors that compliment your features.
- Darker colors project a more business-like image.
- Makeup- wear a little darker than you normally would. Avoid shimmers or products with lots of sparkle
- Keep jewelry simple.
- Avoid jewelry that would distract from your face or that looks dated.
- Bring a few accessories with you if you are unsure.
- Hair styled and makeup already applied.
- You can arrive dressed in your outfit or you may change here in the studio. If changing here, please arrive 10 minutes prior to your session time.
What to wear – Men:
- The corporate look is a suit jacket, dress shirt and tie.
- A casual business look is often a jacket and open dress shirt, or dress shirt on it’s own.
- For a no-jacket casual look, bring several colored shirts – ideally darker than your skin tone.
- For photography purposes, a white dress shirt by itself is not recommended. However, you can wear a white shirt underneath a jacket.
- If you are not sure feel free to bring a few different jackets, shirt colors and ties so we can assist you
- If you tend to have a 5 o’clock shadow in the afternoon, either schedule your session for a morning time slot, or plan on shaving before your session if it is in the afternoon.